jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2010

My philosophy

Randomly listening to: Top of the World by The All American Rejects


Last night, Normy, Le Corby and me decided to go to The Venue, our on campus club, because if you said "I've built a snowman today" you only had to pay two pounds.

We danced all night and had a great time, but at some point I started looking around and wondering...

What I saw were girls with the skimpiest dresses and the highest heels they could find. Never mind body shape, constitution, personality...It looked like a robot factory. Yes, sure, robots who had spent a long time getting ready, but robots nonetheless.

Most of them were getting wasted and looking for a boy for the night. To make them feel beautiful, to make them feel wanted, to make them feel loved...

On the other side were the boys getting drunk too, just trying to find some skin to grab.

And it just seemed like the girls were trying too hard to get guys that would've said yes even if you were wearing sweats. Their desperation was clear in their faces.

So everywhere I looked I saw a girls kissing boys, boys kissing girls, girls and boys rubbing against each other, each looking for something different...

And I don't want to sound like I think I'm above all that, but I can't help but wonder if that makes anyone happy, if losing all respect for yourself is the way forward.

I guess at the end of the day, my philosophy is being happy, being fulfilled, and dressing as a slut to hook up with some guy that won't even remember my name the next morning is not my idea of fun.


Is there anybody out there that wakes up with a bitter taste?

1 comentario: